In this short tutorial video, you will learn how to access and use SCINEMA International Science Film Festival 2021 films and accompanying educational resources.
Our resources include a range of classroom activities to help your students explore different topics in STEM through the power of film. As with all of our free educational resources, they will be mapped to the Australian National Curriculum.
*Note that SCINEMA films and resources will only be made available from 1 August 2021.
How to use SCINEMA films and resources
- Log in or if you’re a new user, create a FREE education account.
- Go to the SCINEMA 2021 education page.
- Select the playlist best suited to your students.
- Download the accompanying resource pack and film details.
- Choose a specific film from the playlist or watch the whole curated playlist.
- Use the resources to facilitate activities with your students.
- Let us know any thoughts or questions by emailing us at [email protected].
What you’ll need:
- A screen
- Connection to the internet (we recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox browser)
- For some activities, you may wish to print and hand out pages from the teachers’ resource. Other activities may be displayed on screen and for others, you won’t need any additional resources at all.
- You can also download our promo kit which includes posters for the classroom and images for social media.
That’s it! It’s super simple to get in on the fun and see science differently.
The Education platform, along with Cosmos – a quarterly science print magazine and online science news site, and SCINEMA International Science Film Festival are developed and operated by The Royal Institution of Australia, an independent charity dedicated to connecting people with the world of science.